Septic Inspections For Real Estate
Honey-Wagon Septic & Grease Trap
Attention Real Estate Agents and Brokers
Inspections Real Estate Resale
Why should I get a Septic System inspected for real estate resale?
Most mortgage companies require that the septic system be inspected prior to closing.
Conscientious buyers usually want the septic system inspected to know it's adequate and working properly
Note: A replacement septic system could costs thousands of dollars.
Unfortunately, in some areas, inspections for septic systems are not regulated by any governing authority, therefore anyone can claim to be a "septic inspector" and perform any kind of septic inspection.
It's important that one hires a reputable, qualified, experienced, and knowledgeable inspector that does a thorough detailed inspection. Find out what the inspection consists of. In our opinion, a "walk-over" inspection is not recommended because its usually not a thorough inspection.
Again, the purpose of an inspection should be to see if the septic system is functionally properly. Ask who is doing the actual inspection of the septic and their credentials. Just because they have done a lot of inspections doesn't necessarily mean that they are thorough and knowledgable.
Inspections/ Real Estate Re-sales
What we do during a septic system inspection:
- Inspect the inside/integrity of the tank. (tank should be pumped out during inspection)
- Activate the pump and high water alarm (if applicable).
- Add water to all disposable fields and measure to make sure fields are taking on water, sufficiently.
(i.e. roots, or blomat in field)
- Inspect ground suface of disposal fields.
- Check inspection ports in drain fields.
- Inspect for gray water discharge
- We give you a written report after the inspection.
Honey-Wagon Septic and Grease Trap Pumping Service
KS Phone: 913-681-3563
MO Phone: 816-525-5100
Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
We can pump your neighbor's septic tank with yours and save you both $$!